Celia Cruz High School of Music is a small magnet school for students seriously interested in continuing their music studies while pursuing a rigorous academic course of study.
- A small school where all members of the staff know you and support your academic and musical growth.
- Opportunities to be with like-minded students that are serious about music and academic achievement.
- Small class sizes in core academic subjects. Highly qualified and dedicated teacher s who care about you.
- A program that will prepare you for college. Individualized attention to your academic and music performance needs.
- Honors, Advanced Placement, and College Now courses.
- Music instruction in the music building of Lehman College, City University of New York.
- Opportunities to perform at various locations.
- A partnership of school, home, and community ready to support and guide you through high school and beyond.
Classes at Celia Cruz High School of Music are tailored around the New York State Education Requirements, NYC Education Requirements, School Educational Goals and the student’s particular interests and needs. Students beginning high school with prior credit will have their transcript assessed by Guidance and their student program adjusted accordingly.